Volunteer Meeting on Jan 30, 2012:
- Fill out the Study Abroad application; the sooner the better.
- Handed out documents:
- BES Leadership directory
- Fundraising letter / template (attached)
- Important dates for volunteers sheet
- Will email:
- "How to put on a silent auction" by Jackie Bohn (attached as 'Instructions for Silent Auction)
- Bonus attachment: "Grassroots Gets Classy" - the flyer / article from last years event which raised $5,400. (attached)
- Laura Hempker will be presenting about what a First Responder is. (details to follow)
- ASUU Bill:
- Jackie's proposal and presentation.
- We need 8 to 10 volunteers to come show support on February 7th and 21st at 7pm at the Union building.
- Totaled $435 at the TTV event!
- Funds to date: $3,000
- Next checkpoint goal: $5,000 by March 1. Final goal: $20,000
- Each volunteer should raise $1,000. The very minimum fundraising amount for volunteers is $250.
- Tabling opportunity: Crimson Nights. Feb 24 from 9 to 11pm.
- FUNDRAISING TRAINING!
- 8 tips for fundraising handout (attached)
- Motivators for Donating handout (attached)
- We did a fun role-play exercise where we learned about different ways to appeal to the main motivators for donating
- Motivators: involvement, obligation, guilt, religious upbringing, euphoria, opportunity, urgency, the season, incentive, social pressure, compassion.
- Silent Auction
- Needs to arrange drinks, food, a band, speakers, items for bidding.
- Macy's St. Patrick's Day Grand Opening
- Selling Tickets: Volunteers' personal selling goals.
- Lisa will email the volunteers a sales reporting form Google Doc. (You got this email TODAY already)
- We must keep track of ticket sales to report them.
- We should have the contact information of people who buy tickets in order to remind them later to GO to Macy's.
- Performance and tabling at the event: face painting, singing, Jazz dancers.
- 1/4 sheets detailing who / what / how of BES. And "How can you make a difference?" donate invitation.
- Big flyers / signs.
Spanish Word of the Day was afrontar (v) To confront or to face.
Next Volunteer Meeting is on Monday, 2/13/12 at the regular time and place; Student Union Parlor B, Mezzanine Floor from 7:30 - 9pm.
- Volunteers must report their ticket sales
- Report on fundraising experiences
- Jackie will take some time to talk about the Silent Auction and how to approach local businesses for donating items or cash.